The year of May 2017 to May 2018, I was guided through a transformation I will never forget.
Not so much in the way of changing who I am however….but in bringing back to life and remembering the joyous and full of life person I once was. The person I truly am; my authentic self. The one I had left behind in an attempt to fit in.
I have brought light back into all of the dreams I buried. I have spoken all of the thoughts I once felt I should hold back. I have cried all of the tears that needed crying. I have screamed the words that needed to be heard. I have felt the emotions I bundled up inside. I laughed for all of the times that I had held back.
I have broken through so many of the barriers, boundaries, and limitations that I once put in place because of a world that told me I should.
And damn does it feel good!!!
I have always known I was different from those around me. My thoughts were a little more eccentric. My feelings were way deeper. My need for down time, alone time, and time to decompress was always very high. I could easily pick up on the feelings and emotions of those around me.
People would say I was dreaming too big, my thoughts weren’t realistic, and/or I needed to grow up.
I now find immense pride and joy in my uniqueness. And I know I am certainly not the only one who has grown up in a world feeling like we didn’t fit in.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
Here is my viewpoint on it these days as I now feel even more awakened than before.
Those of us who feel like the outcasts, who’s opinions get shut down, who’s wants and needs seem to always get confined into a little box that gets thrown away, who get overwhelmed and feel pressure coming at them in every direction…..
We are here to help change this world into a better place.
In order to do that, we need to think different, act different, and just be completely different from everyone else.
So of course we are going to catch hell for it!
But, I have noticed the more I realize this great gift…the more I welcome the criticism, the ‘no’s’, the ‘you can’ts’, the looks of disappointment or astonishment. They all just fuel my fire.
This past year has brought with it some intense inner work which brought some intense inner peace.
And from what I can tell…..the more true and authentic I become the more fun I have!!! It is important to grow up and be responsible yes, but it is even more important to not loose that inner child. The wild, crazy, adventurous piece of us that just wants to have fun.
I attract better people into my life. Like-minded crazy individuals with so much passion and purpose. True deep meaningful connections that create wonderful memories.
Here are some of the changes I have made. This is just a short list as it would take me forever to write them all, but these are the biggest ones.
- My mindset. I am grateful. I look for the positive. I believe anything I will ever need is already inside of me. It always has been, and always will be. Its just a matter of tapping into it. Our cells have the words of the universe imprinted in them. Our gut and intuition are what leads us.
- My diet. I hate that word but there it is. If you don’t know me well enough yet, I discourage dieting ( as well as calorie counting ). There is no quick fix, it leaves us feeling deprived. Food is everything. We are what we eat. We are given one body, respecting it and understanding its limitations as well as its ability to thrive allows it to give us the best life possible.
- My values & boundaries. I got really clear on what I value. What I want to value. And what I absolutely am not okay with. And then I live accordingly. If something doesn’t match up with my value or pushes past a boundary. I speak up…. or I let go of it.
- I make sure my words line up with my actions. If I say I am going to do something. I do it. If I don’t want to do something or know it is not in my best interest, I say no to it.
- I have fine tuned my relationships. I have worked hard to eliminate negative influences in my life and increase positive ones. I choose friendships that are meaningful and authentic. Ones that inspire me and fuel me to continue to be and do my best.
- Self care. Oh how critical self care is. Especially for those of us who are Highly Sensitive People. ( no this does not mean I cry all the time and get upset over everything. However, it is important to learn and listen to and understand the subtle signs of our bodies ) Highly Sensitive People are able to feel more and pick up on energies and vibrations more than others. We embody these energies from people and everything around us and therefore need to have time to decompress and reground ourselves.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
This past year I have made more changes than ever. I have seen some incredible highs as well as some incredible lows. I have learned to listen to and trust my gut. I have learned to respect myself and demand respect from others. I have learned how to not only follow my dreams but how to make them reality. I have reminded myself that we are here on this planet, in this universe, to simply have fun and to immensely enjoy the world around us. To help each other through our journeys. We all learn as we go. No reason to make it harder on each other.
If there is something we don’t like…we have complete control over changing it. Everything is a choice, staying somewhere we don’t like, doing something we don’t like….it’s all a choice. It takes change and struggle to get something different, yes, but it’s better than continuing on doing something that makes life even harder and more difficult than it already is.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
One more awesome thing I have gotten out of this year of transformation…..
I know its just the beginning.
And there is so much more. So much more greatness, so many more amazing people, so many more wonderful authentic connections, so many more moments of realizations to come.
◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊
My passion, my purpose, my goal is to help as many people as I can re-illuminate that light that is inside them.
If that is something you’re interested in….if a year of transformation is something you are looking for, if your gut is saying ‘yes this is me!’, ‘yes I relate!’….. now is the time to start thinking about making some changes to become more authentic to yourself.
To re illuminate the light that’s inside of you.
Now is the time in our world when we need to be doing this if we aren’t already. It is imperative that we make shifts and changes to re illuminate our world and bring it back into balance.
WE are the ones leading the way, and re creating the world in which we want to live in.
These kinds of transformations are best done with someone who has already been through the process themselves and can offer space, time, and lived knowledge as you work through it all yourself.
Contact me here to get started today.
May this next year be one of magnificent positive transformation.